FAMOUS, which stands for Fuzzy Arithmetical Modeling Of Uncertain Systems, is a Matlab-based toolbox for the analysis of systems with uncertain model parameters.
The toolbox works on black-box models so that any software environment can be used for system simulation. This requires a connection to the different software environments through a systematic interface structure.
In detail, FAMOUS contains functions and algorithms for
- the quantification of the uncertain model parameters using fuzzy numbers,
- the simulation of the so obtained fuzzy-parametrized models,
- the evaluation and analysis of the resulting uncertain, fuzzy-valued output values,
- the identification / estimation of uncertain, fuzzy-valued model parameters from observed uncertain outputs,
- the assessment of robustness of systems to parametric uncertainties.
Hence, FAMOUS provides the solution of both direct and inverse fuzzy arithmetical problems as well as the calculation of influence / sensitivity measures for systems with uncertain parameters. In this context, the so-called transformation method is used as a core functionality, while performance improvements are achieved by the use of a meta-model concept based on sparse-grid methods.