MOREMBS (Model Order Reduction of Elastic Multibody Systems) is a software package which is developed at the Institute and used as a preprocessor to reduce flexible bodies. MOREMBS contains converters for common finite element programs and many reduction methods. The software is available in Matlab (MatMorembs) or in C++ (Morembs++). For the reduction of small to medium models MatMorembs is used. If you want to reduce large models Morembs++ includes powerfull numerical solver packages.
MOREMBS is partitioned in three modular sections. In the first step informations about the elastic body are read from the standard finite element programs and the system matrices are build. The following model reduction provides the ansatz functions which are used to generate the data to use them in standard multibody programs. Supported FEM and EMBS software is described in the section Interfaces. In addition, the results of the model reduction are analyzed in the frequency domain. The usage of MOREMBS as a preprocessor guarantees the common process chain with the standard programs for modelling and simulating multibody systems.
List of Users
- Bosch DS
- Daimler AG
- Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG
- TRUMPF GmbH + Co. KG
- Altair Engineering, Inc.
- LMS International NV
- SIMPACK AG
- Airbus Helicopters
- Departement Werktuigkunde, Afdeling PMA, K.U. Leuven
- Institut für Maschinenelemente und Konstruktionstechnik (IMK), Universität Kassel
- Institut für Mathematik, Lehrstuhl für Angewandte Analysis mit Schwerpunkt Numerik, Universität Augsburg
- Institut für Mechanik, Helmut-Schmidt-Universität / Universität der Bundeswehr Hamburg
- LUT Metal Technology, Faculty of Technology, Lappeenranta University of Technology
- VDLAB (Vehicle Dynamics LABoratory), School of Science & Technology, Meiji University
- Institut für Mechanik und Meerestechnik (MUM), TU Hamburg Harburg
- Advanced Research Laboratory for Multifunctional Lightweight Structures, University of Toronto